Charlotte's Dream Class 03/09/24
Intermediate Project Series
Learn magic loop, crocheting in the round, various crochet stitches, connecting squares, adding a boarder
“Charlotte’s Dream” Blanket
Charlotte’s Dream is a crochet blanket that incorporates 12 Charlotte squares in 12 contrasting colors (or any combination of your choice) and is bordered with a simple popcorn edge. The adventuresome beginner to Intermediate crocheter will become confident in reading crochet patterns and charts along with new stiches and techniques.
Instructor: Audene Schwartz
Skill Level: Advanced beginner / intermediate crocheters who have mastered the required skills listed up through advanced crocheters
Class: Total of 8 hours of instruction over 4 days
Saturday Afternoons from 12:00pm to 2:00pm
March 9th, March 23rd, April 6th, and May 4th
Class Format: In Person
Class Size: Max 6 Students
Minimum of 3 students required*
- For someone who has completed a crochet project in the past
- Confident in chaining
- Confident in single, double, and half double crochet
- 16 years of age or older
- For younger students, please contact us.
- Crochet magic loop / magic circle
- Crocheting in the round
- Treble Stitch
- Cluster Stitches
- Puff Stitch
- Standing stitches
- Cross stitches
- Connecting multiple squares
- Adding boarders
Required Materials Not Included in Class Fee:
We ask that you purchase your patterns directly from the designer, so they receive full credit and payment, and bring a printed copy to class.
- Pattern: “Charlotte’s Dream Blanket” pattern designed by Dedri Uys available using link or QRCode above. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/charlottes-dream-blanket
We are a small business and require you purchase your class yarn from Finnegan's Run, at a 10% discount*. Other required class supplies may also be purchased at a 10% discount*.
- Yarn – DK Weight Yarn
- Total yardage for 12 square blanket is approx. 6500 yards – finished measurements will be approx. 68 x 51 inches
- Pattern photos on Ravelry show 12 contrasting colors plus 2 main colors
- Approx 250 yards of each of the 12 contrasting colors
- Approx 1650 yards of each of the 2 main colors
- You can choose any number of colors for your blanket
- You can choose to alter the size of your blanket, requiring more or less yarn
- Shop Samples
- Three color sample is made with Universal Yarn Uptown Bamboo
- Multi color sample is made with West Yorkshire Spinners Elements
- Hook – Size E / 3.5mm crochet hook
- Darning or Tapestry Needle
- Spare yarn to practice stitches
Finnegan’s Run Class Policies:
Our goal at Finnegan’s is to help enrich every student’s passion for knitting and crocheting by expanding skills, understanding new techniques, and creating beautiful projects. We offer small class sizes to ensure that every student gets the help they require. We want everyone to go home feeling confident and successful in the new skills learned.
Required Skills Policy
Please pay special attention to the prerequisites that are listed on each class sheet. Carefully read the skills that are required for each class prior to signing up. Each class is designed to teach a specific technique(s) and not necessarily the skills required to perform the technique. The dedicated class time does not account for teaching the skills on the required skills list. If you have any questions, please contact us and together we will make sure you are ready to get the most out of class.
Class Size Policy
“Learn to” and “First Project” Classes will run without a required class size. All other classes will have a required minimum class size. The minimum class size will be listed in the class description “Class Size.” If this class size is not met by three (3) days before the class start date we will cancel the class, notify the students, and issue a refund.
Refunds for Prepaid Classes can only be made if we are notified at least two (2) weeks in advance of the first class date. Missed Classes will not be made up unless the Instructor is unable to teach or the shop is closed for inclement weather. No refunds for missed classes.
We are a small business and require you purchase your class yarn from Finnegan’s Run at a 10% discount. Other class supplies can also be purchased with a 10% discount.*
ALL IN-STOCK CLASS SUPPLIES ELIGIBLE FOR 10% DISCOUNT* Excludes special orders, trunk shows, loom rentals, loom purchases
We look forward to seeing you in class and sharing the journey of learning something new and exciting.